Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Guidelines for a Weight Gain Diet Plan :

Guidelines for a Weight Gain Diet Plan

1) First and foremost, your diet should contain whole foods that are high in calories but nutritious as well. (more on this in a minute)

2) You'll want to consume 5-7 meals/snacks per day. Essentially, you should eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours throughout the day. Eating within 15-30 minutes after waking up is ideal to begin your day.

3) Make sure you vary the foods you eat each week or else you'll quickly grow bored and begin looking for foods that have no business going into your body. Meals don't need to be real involved, but they should be tasty, nutritious and something to which you look forward to every three hours or so.

4) Include a pre-workout meal each day. Everyone's schedule is different, so if you can't fit in an actual sit-down meal prior to your workout, consider a protein shake or some other excellent source of protein. Combine your protein with 1-2 portions of a low-glycemic carbohydrate. The combination of the protein and carbohydrates work together to prevent your muscle from breaking down during your workout and will consistently deliver essential amino acids throughout your body. You'll also gain energy from the carbohydrate which will enable you to work harder throughout your exercises.

5) Protein - eat between 40-60 grams of protein at each meal. That number seems like it's off the charts, doesn't it? However, if you're putting your body through a strenuous bodybuilding regime, your body needs the extra protein so it doesn't go into survival mode. In short, if your body doesn't get the protein it needs from the foods you eat, it will take the required protein from your muscles, which means you're defeating the purpose of gaining weight and muscle altogether.

6) Carbohydrates - the best range is between 60 and 80 grams of carbohydrates at each meal. Carbohydrates are the body's energy source! Make sure your body has the energy it needs, or again, it will deplete your existing muscle and you'll be back to the starting line.

7) Eat fat at every meal. Yes, fat! Allow me to clarify this point. Include between 20-30 grams of healthy fats at each meal. You'll want to have a balanced intake of monounsaturated fats, polyunsaturated fats, and saturated fats. Avoid trans fats at all costs!

8) Stay hydrated throughout the day. Drink water as soon as you awake and continue drinking water throughout the day. The optimal amount is at least 64 ounces per day.

9) Vegetables should be included with every meal. Vegetables naturally contain antioxidants and phytochemicals that are vital for muscle recovery. The alkaline levels in vegetables can also help prevent bone loss. The antioxidants help the recovery process immensely by actively healing muscle cells that have been damaged.

10) Eat both whole foods and drink liquids to get your calorie intake throughout the day. Whole foods should equal roughly 60% of your caloric intake whereas liquid food sources should equal the remaining 40%.

No comments: